View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 12:50 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
It all depends on the set up. "right point" means nothing in an umbrella set up. It will likely be Letang up top and Geno and Iggy on the top of the circles. Sid down low to block shots off his face and Neal roaming. Once it moves to an overload, Neal will be on the side of one timers.

Seriously, good point . . . this can work-- and work well-- if there's a lot of movement.

As I just posted, I see Sid working that high slot position actually, where the puck comes in and goes right back out. You put him in the middle of that with all those options . . . a PK can't cheat to take every one of them away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
actually wait, Kirk, did you mean Sid was net front, or just on the goal line? Because now I'm thinking of Letang and Sid being in-line with each other: Tang at the top of the umbrella and Sid in the Gretzky zone, just absolutely tearing the PK apart with quick, lateral passes.
I was thinking he'd be doing that from the high slot. The Pens have been working a high slot player a lot more in the PP the last few weeks, no?