Thread: Proposal: Marc Staal
View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 01:03 PM
KingStian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I'm not sure how much I buy into the idea that he wants to be in Carolina. Jordan took a trade there because, in addition to his brother playing there, he was pretty much up against the glass ceiling with the Pens in that the two best centers in the world were before him on the depth chart. Marc doesn't have that same situation here. He's a top defenseman pretty much no matter who comes or goes. Girardi may be on the first pairing with McD, but thats more for balance and Staal manages to get big minutes even when he's technically on the second pair. Also, say what you will about NYR's team-building strategy, it's surely not the best in the NHL, but it's far better than whatever is going on in Carolina. Lastly, I just think the brother link is overblown. I have a brother, we get along well and are pretty tight, but what he wants isn't what I want. Brothers aren't clones of one another. Jordan doing something doesn't mean that Marc is going to do the same thing.
What the hell was Jordan Staal gonna do anyway to stop the trade? As far as I know, he don't have any NTC/NMC in his contract.

KingStian is offline   Reply With Quote