View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If you know Staal wants to go to Carolina, then you trade him when you feel you can get the most value for him in return. If Carolina is willing to pony up at the draft to have him for an extra year, then you consider it. They're not a bottom feeder. They're a better team than their record shows, they just had an awful year in terms of injuries. They would have more use for Staal than they would a drafted player who probably won't join the lineup for 2-3 years.

McBain and that 1st rounder isn't going to cut it though. I'd take McBain as a "third piece" but not as a key component. Not really interested in Skinner. Huge deal about to kick in and the concussions seem to have set him back quite a bit. Not enamored with their prospect pool either.
This is my thoughts as well. Be pre-emptive. If you can get him at 150% of his value now as opposed to 50% then it makes sense IF they get the sense he would sign there.

1st + McBain + something else. Maybe flip that something else in a package to move up a few spots. Overpayment. Blow us away.

I personally think the Rangers can sign him again. I think Marc is actually different than his brothers. Different personality. Team leader here. Gets a ton of ice time. New York city. Big market team with a big market budget. Henrik.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote