Old
04-26-2013, 01:28 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Me too, not down with this deal.

Its a deal a small market rebuilder makes, not a contender.

Plus, why am I not getting this whole 'accommodate the Canes and Staals' and not just seek the best overall deal? IF and when he makes it clear he's not in our future plans, deal with it. So far I have a hard time thinking that's the idea, that he wants to play with his bros.
Yeah, as I've said before, the whole "OMGZ Marc Staal to Carolina" scenario is so overblown. Jordan Staal was going to be traded regardless of whether or not Carolina wanted him; it just so happened that they needed a #2 center, and that J. Staal was the best and youngest option available. The Rangers almost traded for Staal themselves (I believe the deal would have centered around Stepan; thank god THAT did not transpire).

Funny thing is, even if Marc's name was Joe Schmoe, Carolina would probably have interest anyway; they could use a defensive staalwart (pun!) on their backend. That being said, yeah, I agree that the Rangers need to loom for the best deal possible, not just go for the whole "all the Staals to Carolina" thing.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote