View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Problem there is you have Laganiere on that list. No way he's to be considered a part of the roster to start next year. Devo is a question mark too. Not so much that he's no deserving it's just how does he fit?

I think it's pretty clear Teemu is going to retire and Koivu coming back isn't etched in stone either. I like Steckel but I feel the fourth line spot needs to be open for either Holland or Rakell. So we're looking at one or two at the most open spots for forwards. I think Maroon is definitely on the opening night roster.

On defense it's pretty clear too that we're more or less set. Lydman moves on or retires and Vatanen takes his spot. I'd be fine with Lovejoy re-signing to be our 7th but I'm sure he'll want that. As much as Allen drove me crazy at times this year he's really settled in lately and his contract is unmovable anyway.

Personally I'd like to just fill in the couple of spots with promotions. Teemu's production is way down and should be replaced by either Belesky (who has only three goals less than Teemu) or Etem (who hasn't necessarily put up the numbers this year but has the ability). In the event Koivu doesn't come back I can imagine a lineup that looks like:

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Belesky-Bonino-Palmieri
Winnik-Cogliano-Etem
Maroon-Holland-Smith-Pelly

Souray-Beauchemin
Fowler-Sbisa
Allen-Vatanen

Fasth
Hiller

If Koivu comes back Cogs goes to the wing and Smith-Pelly to Norfolk. Belesky and Palmieri will be getting decent raises and Cam's new contract kicks in so there won't be a lot of money to go after a free agent and I don't think we need to. Keep building from within since we have our key players locked up for a while.
Fine, i also don`t expect that Laganiere will be a full time player, but he`ll get some stints most likely. And if he won`t be playing, someone has to. He`s arguably in our top 12 forwards signed for next season.

Getz-Bonino-Cogs-Holland would make a worst faceoff team in the history. At least Steckel needs to be resigned.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote