View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 03:53 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
I think its ''chicken and egg'' between him and Desharnais. Pacioretty is less of a force than last year, Desharnais is having a down year as well means they both look a lot worse. While Gallagher is good he's not ''last year's Cole'' good, which makes the problem worse. Statistically Desharnais suffers the most of the two because he's not the goal scorer on the line but paradoxally a far greater percentage of Pacioretty's points this year are assists and a greater percentage of Desharnais' points are goals compared to last year.

Still that Pacioretty produces at nearly a point per game while playing below his normal level is actually a good thing. He's going to be a machine if he manages to keep the engine at full speed a whole year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclonesRock
Points in 6 straight games and 33rd in the NHL in scoring-despite missing 4 games.

If this is "invisible", then I'd take 3 lines worth of this disappearing act.
You know how it works. People notice the obvious stuff - massive hits, sweet dangles, impressive rushes that span from own zone to opposing net, fights, powerful shots that lead to goals ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p
Great to see that we have two first liners... When was the last time ? Last one was Kovalev... He played with Plekanec and Koivu, but they were more like the 1B kind.
Two years ago - Cammalleri and Plekanec

Last year - Cole, Plekanec and, Pacioretty were legit first liners

This year - Plekanec, Ryder, Pacioretty are legit first liners

Unless you are one of those who believe there are like 12 first liners in the league and 5 no1 defensemen, then I won't bother to argue.

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 04-26-2013 at 04:00 PM.
FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote