View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsinsider View Post
Wow...Habs fans really showing why the rest of the fans of the NHL think of us as arrogant and lacking hockey knowledge...

I'm a fan of the Habs 1st and the Leafs 2nd. I live in an area with a ton of Leaf fans. Sure, they want to beat us, but they never talk about injuring our players or any such classless acts. Mostly they are humble and true fans of the game. Whoever said that Leaf fans are bandwagonners is sorely misinformed. Their fans are the most dedicated in the NHL, remaining loyal to a team lacking playoff success for many years. Some of you are either trolling or just ignorant of reality.

Another thing - stop making excuses for the Leafs beating us. We are not the better team currently. I say that from an unbiased standpoint. It's clear they have outplayed us most games and deserved to win.

Let's just enjoy the game. Some of you are too emotionally invested in hating the Leafs and are just spewing nonsense. Grow up...k thx.
My own negative reaction was a response to the postings on the Leafs board on this site. Go check it out and you'll see all the 'classlessness' you haven't encountered in real life. And yes, plenty of Leaf fans do indeed wish injury on other players, at least behind the anonymous cover of their poorly-spelled posts. Obviously, knowing rival fans face-to-face is a very different experience and I have no doubt many of these online 'tough-guys' are very nice people in conversation. Unfortunately, the reality of message boards is a lot nastier than your reality with the Leaf fans you know in person.