View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 06:41 PM
bluesclues92
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Should I Drop out of University to pursue other interests?

Hey guys, I came here seeking some advice about this situation I find myself in. Long story short, I'm 20 and going into my 3rd year at the UofA majoring in Classics. I have found recently however that my interest has waned, despite my marks, and I don't harbour any specific career ambition nor do I think about the subject matter in my spare time at all. It doesn't feel like a passion anymore or something I am goal oriented in.

On the other hand, I've acquired a growing interest in fitness and keeping a healthy lifestyle. I've found what appears to be a creditable personal training course here in Edmonton that would fast track me to a career in a far shorter amount of time than my degree would. As well, its something that, rather than my major, I do think about and research in my spare time.

I am debating whether or not to drop university entirely and take this personal training course, which is a 5 day a week, for 17 weeks, tuition-based program. On the one hand, I'd feel like I just wasted two years, but on the other hand I don't want to waste my future doing something I've lost interest in.

Any recommendations on the route to take?