View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No, I am using absurdity to point out absurdity.

It is absurd to criticize and nit pick our leading points scorer, Pacioretty, when he has had an injury filled season and everyone on the team "could do better".

Just as it would be absurd to criticize and nit pick Galchenyuk.

Hope you now understand.
I agree with you that some people are a bit too harsh on Pacioretty's season, the numbers are there but I don't think they're telling the whole story. If we look at every game individually, how many games can we honestly and clearly say Pacioretty was our best player on that given night. He was great in that hot streak following the Cam Ward mistake but other than that he hasn't been a gamebreaker for us. As odd and subjective as it may sound, it feels like the points that Pacioretty gets are not deserved or just lucky in general. Now I'm obviously vague here and if you're gonna play devil's advocate you can always say that a player makes his own luck but I don't think that's the case here.

The issue I have here is that people can't marginalize Pacioretty's production like some people did in 2005-2007 when Ryder used to be considered the most useless 30 goal scorer in the league. The most common complaint I see is that people would like to see Pacioretty hit more, personally I don't think it's part of his game and that he that nastiness in him to bring that element on daily basis. He's shown flashes (Letang & McDonagh hits) that he can play with an edge but it's definitely not something that his game is based on. The issue I personally had with Pacioretty this year is that I find he's changed his game a bit this year, he plays more on the perimeter and doesn't crash the net as often as he used to a couple years ago. He tries to be more fancy with the puck and is looking more and more like a Blake Wheeler than an Erik Cole out there.

The thing I find the most surprising in his stats is the fact that he has 0 GWG even tho he has 15 goals this season.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote