View Single Post
04-27-2013, 12:25 AM
Animated to Explode
vCash: 64
Originally Posted by melinko View Post
I'm scared about firing CF, only person I would be comfortable replacing him with in Flahr.

Yeo on the other hand has worn out his welcome really quick. This team looks identical to last year and I don't think you can call it a fluke anymore.

It's like Yeo's system requires so much effort the players just wear down after 30 games.

I have no idea who you replace him with though, can't see CF going with another rookie but I'm not all that confident in Ruff either.
It's like I said in my rant earlier. Yeo's system plays every line like a grinding line. The problem is that a proper grinding line only gets a couple minutes of ice time per game, and then even with that it starts to pile up injuries over the course of a full 82 game season.

Now, when you play the first line, which gets massive ice time, like a grinding line, game in and game out, it wears them down fast because of how much effort it takes to play a grinding game compared to pretty much anything else. I'm also willing to bet that all those hidden injuries we keep hearing about are attributed to the grinding style that Yeo is forcing the team to play.

I really hope Leipold is smart enough to know that it's Yeo and not Fletcher who is the problem. Yeo needs to go, but Fletcher is the architect who has built the foundation for this teams future success. I seriously doubt that once he fires Yeo, he will get a veteran like Ruff, or Tippett if he becomes available, or any other qualified coaches with actual systems.