View Single Post
Old
04-27-2013, 01:35 AM
melinko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
It's like I said in my rant earlier. Yeo's system plays every line like a grinding line. The problem is that a proper grinding line only gets a couple minutes of ice time per game, and then even with that it starts to pile up injuries over the course of a full 82 game season.

Now, when you play the first line, which gets massive ice time, like a grinding line, game in and game out, it wears them down fast because of how much effort it takes to play a grinding game compared to pretty much anything else. I'm also willing to bet that all those hidden injuries we keep hearing about are attributed to the grinding style that Yeo is forcing the team to play.

I really hope Leipold is smart enough to know that it's Yeo and not Fletcher who is the problem. Yeo needs to go, but Fletcher is the architect who has built the foundation for this teams future success. I seriously doubt that once he fires Yeo, he will get a veteran like Ruff, or Tippett if he becomes available, or any other qualified coaches with actual systems.
One thing is for sure, its a scary to be in a situation where you fire coaches every 2 years.