View Single Post
04-27-2013, 12:40 AM
No mad pls
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Regardless of cold streaks (which are pretty normal for goal scorers), Ryder is still a proven 30-goal scorer and the devil we know. I'm not sure what progress we'd be making simply by letting him go. We already have a lot of cap space going into next season so what would be the point?
Maybe want to try to promote from within with Kristo or Leblanc? Assuming moving Gionta is off the table we've got Gallagher and Gio as the top 6 RW, depth is nice and all but is Ryder going to sign here to play third line + PP? Is Bergevin going to commit 3-4 years to Ryder because he went on a hot streak(No way Ryder is going to take a 2 year deal without mad overpayment)? I'd be fine with bringing him back and I'd be fine with dealing his rights at the draft. If Ryder backchecked once in a while it would be a no brainer to bring him back, but he's never going to be in the coaches favour if he's not willing to do the little things when he's not scoring.

I'd almost rather offer a 1-2 year deal to Pierre-Marc Bouchard since you know he's going to be injured at least 40% of the year. It would give us depth and allows us to tryout Leblanc, Kristo, Holland etc when he's down. Plus it gives RDS someone to love.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote