View Single Post
Old
04-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

vCash: 500
Marty laying down the law:

Quote:
“That’s the beauty of having his job,” Brodeur said today. “He’s (Lou) the one that makes all the decisions and gets that puzzle together. So, it’s kind of interesting. I’ll be watching it, trust me, closely. But I don’t think I’m going to have any say in it.”

“There’s always a risk because we don’t have the checkbook to figure that out,” Brodeur said. “I’m sure if any of us had the checkbook, you want to make sure you get in the playoffs. This organization will make decisions for the way they want to run the team. But, for me, I didn’t stay here not to challenge to make the playoffs and not to be able to compete, so I expect fully that Lou’s going to go out and make this team as good or better than what we have now.”

Brodeur has always understood the business side of the sport, so when some of his teammates have left via free agency, he’s never been overly concerned by that. But, after seeing Zach Parise leave last summer for Minnesota and never be replaced, Brodeur admits he’s “a little bit” more concerned this year about what’s going to happen with Elias, Zubrus and Clarkson.

“Definitely these guys are a big core of our team, guys that like to play here,” Brodeur said. “All three of them expressed that feeling that they want to stay, they want to play here. But, again, depending on what the market allows them to do, that’s where we’re going to get our answers.”