View Single Post
Old
09-12-2006, 04:56 PM
EmptyNetter

vCash: 500
I just finished one of HNA's Beginner's hockey classes and am thinking about signing up for their leagues. From what I've read in their brochures they want you to buy a whole uniform so your team all matches. You get a home and away jersey plus two practice jerseys. Plus your helmet and pants should match your teammates so you might have to replace those. Skates and gloves can be any color. I only saw it stated as an estimate, though, of the total cost for a new player to buy all his gear.

Here's an excerpt from their brochure.
Quote:
OUTFITTING
For budgeting purposes, a new player can expect to spend at least $300-400 US for League and individual new equipment costs, which include practice jersey,
formal jersey, stockings, gloves, helmet, cage mask (required for Beginner Level), shin guards, shoulder pads, elbow pads, pants, cup, garters and suspenders.
In many cities, there is used equipment available both through pro-shops and ice rink bulletin boards. You may be able to lower your cost substantially in this
way. Be sure to have all of your gear by session eight (or sooner) in order to be fully outfitted for your first game. The League requires matching uniforms, so be sure to buy the right color pants for your uniform. Any color of gloves may be used in the League.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote