View Single Post
Old
04-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Couldn't the same be said about Sid? If Crosby/Iginla/Dupuis doesn't work, there's nothing that says Bylsma can't go back to Crosby/Kunitz/Dupuis at a later date. And at least in that scenario (with Kunitz re-uniting with Geno and Neal), no one is playing a position they're unfamiliar with.

I just think Bylsma's being incredibly arrogant and stubborn about sticking with Dupuis/Kunitz on Crosby's wing, and in doing so he's having to jumble the other three lines unnecessarily. It's as if this is his stand against everyone else saying "Crosby and Iginla will be magic", his way of saying, "this is my team, I choose who plays with who, not the media".
Well first off, Sid isn't playing tonight, so that would be impossible. I know everyone wants to project the entire playoffs based on the line-up vs. Carolina, but I'm not prepared to do that.

Second, if DB does continue with this line of thought when Crosby returns, I think trying to put the best player in the league with his most familiar combination when he's coming back from injury is a defensible idea.

I just think the idea that Iginla is automatically going to be an abortion on the LW with Geno and Neal has a pretty shaky foundation. It's worth a shot, even if it's not my first choice.