View Single Post
Old
04-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Well first off, Sid isn't playing tonight, so that would be impossible. I know everyone wants to project the entire playoffs based on the line-up vs. Carolina, but I'm not prepared to do that.

Second, if DB does continue with this line of thought when Crosby returns, I think trying to put the best player in the league with his most familiar combination when he's coming back from injury is a defensible idea.

I just think the idea that Iginla is automatically going to be an abortion on the LW with Geno and Neal has a pretty shaky foundation. It's worth a shot, even if it's not my first choice.
I don't think he'll be an abortion. I think Morrow could easily fill the spot more effectively though. He just fits Geno and Neal better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
There's a chance. I'm not going to dismiss it outright based on 4 games when Iginla first got here.

I admit that on paper, Dupes - Crosby - Iggy and Kunitz - Malkin - Neal looks more balanced.
They have too much talent to be outright bad. But that line has nobody to do the dirty work as effectively as Morrow, Kunitz or Dupuis could do it. I don't care if everything clicks and Iginla becomes completely comfortable at left wing. I still don't want him on THAT left wing because its not a good fit.