Old
04-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Hunter Gathers
Love the Bomb

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I agree. Being in the shadow of NY will do that.

But don't forget, the Icelanders were inconsequential for a long long time. Devs have been relevant for 20 years.
Oh, for sure. But the Islanders had their hell of a run, too. Much like the Devils. The Devils lucked out with Brodeur turning out as well as he did. Without him, they win one Cup and are just a solid team for a while. I really don't think their fanbase even understands that. Getting a generational talent midway down in the 1st round is truly luck.

So it's going to be awesome to see their team just fester and rot over the next few years. Mediocre-bad prospect pool, no good drafting lately, Lou is lost when it comes to the cap, and all of their good players are about ready to retire. That along with any good player they develop leaves as a FA.

It's hysterical to watch. The most arrogant fanbase on the planet deserves nothing less.