View Single Post
Old
04-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Xylo
CaroladianHurriwings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Why is it every time there is a name put out for a trade fans say we will not move that guy unless it is for an over payment. When was the last time anyone has seen a player get moved and received an over payment. It never happens guys so why keep saying it. If a player gets traded it is to fix a need that a team has, CAR's need is on defense and Skinner could help rectify that problem.
Because JR just signed him to a 6 year extension which hasn't even kicked in yet. He's not even thinking about trading Skinner. Skinner was the asked to be included in the Nash deal and JR pulled out. So you think we'd trade him for a mid round pick and a prospect? No. I don't anyways. JR may start to change his mind a few years into this extension, but Skinner is not going anywhere anytime soon for anything other than overpayment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhamm View Post
I think J. Staal has more value than J. Skinner. Skinner may be younger and have a much higher offensive upside but a strong, durable, big 2C is harder to come by. However, I agree that I would like to see a roster player return but I prefer to undervalue on proposals and keep the parts to a minimum and let the mob fight over it.

If Phoenix wants to move some salary I'd take back Klesla. The only forward that would be attractive coming back would be Boedker but I've seen a lot of Phoenix fans prefer taking a bullet to the face than moving Boedker.
I'd ask for Yandle. Considering Nash wasn't worth Skinner to JR, I doubt even Yandle would pry Skinner away.

And a sidenote: Just because a GM doesn't deal a player for a certain value return doesn't necessarily make that player that value. It just makes the GM stubborn.

Xylo is offline   Reply With Quote