View Single Post
Old
04-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Just like how Eller has no offensive upside?

He doesn't really play the role 'playmaker' but he is more than competent in the matter. He can play any role on offense - sniper, power, passer, grinder. I think this is what makes him so good, completely versatile. Not the best in terms of D but he's only 24 so it's not like that can't improve either.

Even this season he's set up Gallagher for some goals which show nice vision. His recent goal against the Devils was a fluke that resulted from his passing vision/creativity.

He's not a PP QB but dissing his playmaking isn't fair IMO. There was this one play in a recent game on a rush where he made what seemed to be a slow cross-ice pass to nowhere but it ended up being to a trailing Markov who just didn't make it into the zone yet. Just because he shoots a lot doesn't mean he can't make nice passing plays/has no vision/creativity.
We will have to agree to disagree then. I have both him and DD in my hockey pool so I keep an eyes on them and I got to say, I'm not impressed with Pacioretty "playmaking" skill at all. On that line, DD and Gally are the two players that can make good plays with the puck, when Pacioretty has it, he either shoots it or loses it (most of the time).

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote