View Single Post
Old
04-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Insulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
No I'm ashamed that they finally decided to show up game 45 of the season.
I think it's a little unfair to say they didn't show up. They just weren't as good as we all expected, but it wasn't for a lack of effort. We all know we are loaded with young forwards and had a team last year that saw many guys have career years. Injuries to your veteran forwards obviously didn't help. I think the season would have been drastically different if we had a #1 PMD obviously and it wasn't like we didn't go hard after Weber or Suter in the offseason. Early in the year when the team simply wasn't playing well I thought Bryz was our best player for a stretch, granted that didn't last too long and he was average most of the year.

I thought this team fought all year long and tried to win each and every night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
oh come off it, a win literally hurts the organization. yeah, flyers pride or whatever, thats cute. be smart here.
You make it sound like we go from 7th or wherever we were entering the night to not having a pick at all in the first round. I remember the last time the Flyers had a bad season where we were the worst team in the NHL. I think I recall us winning the lottery and drafting a player that scored the game winning goal in the Stanley Cup Finals. Oh...Wait. We're going to end up with a good player and there's really no debating that. Maybe the player you personally had a crush on in that 7th spot falls, MAYBE we win the lottery? Get over it. The Flyers came out and fought their hardest when they "could only end up hurting the organization". Please, that's embarrassing. You can really build a great organization full with players who are okay with throwing in the towel and saying, eh maybe we have a better chance at drafting a better 18 year old kid who will solve our problem.

Insulin is offline   Reply With Quote