View Single Post
Old
04-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
You can say that for any GM that has been here over Timmins' tenure. The fact of the matter is that the GM gets credit for the job well done of ALL their employees, which includes the scouting and drafting. Just like Bergevin will get props in the future if the team drafts well under Timmins.

Seems like unless GM's go to extra lengths to improve their teams via trades/signing, you wouldn't credit them for simply hanging on to their assets? Very unfair.
My personal bar for giving praise is not as low as to give credit for not throwing away quality prospects your scouting staff gets you. IMO that's expected. If Gainey DIDN'T trade McDonagh in his tenure, I wouldn't praise that because I expect blue chippers to not be thrown away.

Bergevin should get props for Prust/Ryder/coaching staff/'team spirit (or whatever you call it lol)'/overall roster management/other managerial things he's been doing, not who Timmins drafts. It's not Bergevin/Gauthier/Gainey who are watching junior games to find Hudon/Gallagher/Subban.

I will give Gauthier credit for getting the 2013 2nds. I will not give him or Bergevin credit/blame for who Timmins drafts.

Yes I admit to being too bitter to give Gauthier full credit for Eller and think Timmins liked him and wouldn't be surprised if he was high on his 2007 draft list.