View Single Post
Old
04-27-2013, 11:11 PM
The Apt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
Okay guys and girls. I fell asleep. I tried to stay awake and watch the game but working for I don't really know how many days in a row took its toll.

Needless to say we made it. We freaking made it. My expectations are met for this season and we made the playoffs. It's a brand new season now. Everyone should drop their preassumptions and expectations and just watch the playoffs. We are in the ****ing playoffs. PLAYOFFS.

This will be a prelude to something greater. I know I was extremely sold down after yesterdays extremely painful loss to Edmonton, but that's just life as an average sports fan. One day you hate everything, one day you feel like your team will win it all. But under there, you are a fan of something. If you are thinking about how the Wild will look bad when they lose 4-0 against Chicago, forget about it. Forget about the stupid stuff you are thinking and enjoy that we are in the playoffs for the first time in a looooong time. We didn't go 48-0 + 16-0 sweep to Stanley Cup. That's too bad. I love my team too so much that I would want nothing but the best for them. That is something that is under there for all of you. We all want short term AND long term for success.

I'm not trying to say you can't be critical. I'm trying to say that we all want the same thing. United we stand against the enemy, in the playoffs of 2013. Watch every game, go to the X if you can. Go to Chicago if you can. And sport your damn jerseys.
Excellent thoughts. I so agree about expectations being met. Baby steps... this year was all about getting into the playoffs. It happened. Step in the right direction. Now, everyone starts from scratch and anything can happen. I also love that we are playing Chicago because we have to get used to seeing them a lot next year anyway, being in the same division. I like being in the underdog role, too. You play stress-free as possible, you roll the dice and see what happens.