View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 12:26 AM
JS19
Legends Never Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I thought it was brilliant (along with the rest of the theater, judging by the laughs). Then again, I was never that familiar with the character from the comics in the first place (hardly ever shown in the Finnish versions).
I'll leave this hidden for the sake of our North American friends who haven't seen the film yet.

Spoil:
Mandarin is supposed to be to Iron Man, similarly to what the Joker is to Batman. The reason I say that is because if you think about it, Tony Stark is the most fortunate superhero, as in he has never had that villain who pushes his buttons and let's him know that he can alter his life for the worse. There was such potential for the Mandarin's character to expand and literally make **** hit the fan for Tony...especially his near-death experience in the Avengers and his paranoia seeping into an addiction where he built so many suits to deal with a plethora of threats. Not to mention...Ben Kingsley in the trailers was nothing short of ****ing amazing. The way he enacted the dialogue, the swagger of his character, the seemingly threatening aura that he is immersed in. Ben Kingsley could have been portraying the definitive Iron Man villain, and they sort of ruined that. I also thought it was trying too hard to be like TDKR with the twist instead of making a pathway for itself. They should've kept it simple.

JS19 is online now   Reply With Quote