View Single Post
Old
04-27-2013, 11:44 PM
marigolds

vCash: 500
Consider this my, "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor" speech.

I grew up in San Diego. In 1984, I was an excited 12 year old getting to see the Padres play in the playoffs for the first time (yeah, I know, wrong sport).
They were blown out twice in Chicago by the Cubs. Cubs fans were already celebrating their "inevitable" world series berth. Punky Brewster already had a whole episode filmed about Punky and Henry going to the world series. No team had every come back from a 2 game deficit to win a 5-game league championship series.

But we believed. Even in the bottom of the 9th in game 4, we believed. And we won in a way so spectacular that to this day I can piss off any Cubs fan by telling them the story of where I was when Steve Garvey's home run ball landed in front of our section.

And here you guys are already given up when the last period of the regular season is not even done yet. Maybe it is because I did not grow up a Blues fan and did not watch year after year of the playoffs without a Cup. But I know that whether it is San Jose or Los Angeles, the Blues can beat them, even stomp them. And then take down Chicago or Minnesota, and whoever is left in the West and anyone who comes out of the East.

A lot of hockey left to play. So quit whining about Los Angeles.