View Single Post
Old
09-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Darz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
And I'm not a big Dryden fan either. I saw him play, I'm not impressed enough to say he should have his number retired. If he played for the Penguins, nobody would even know his name today.
You could say that about alot of players in my opinion. In most cases a players greatness has alot to do with the enviroment in which he played. There are very few players who, again in my opinion, who are no doubt hall of famer no matter where they played.

- Would Jari Kurri be remembered as anything special had he played with average at best centres his entire career.

- Would Clarke Gilles be in the hall of fame if he hadn't played for a team that won 4 Stanley Cups.

- Would Ray Bourque be considered a no doubt top 5 dman of all time if he would of played his entire career with Hartford and Winnipeg.

- Would Mark Messier be considered as great as he was if he played for weak NHL teams his entire career.

- Would Jacques Plante and Terry Sawchuk be cosidered as good as they were if they played for weaker teams there entire career.

.....and this can go on and on.