View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 10:06 AM
moosehead81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I said it in another thread here: I think they're either both back or both fired. Someone's gotta feel the pain for Richards and Carter throwing egg on the faces of the Flyers last year, and this year JVR had a huge year after being deemed not tough enough, while Bobrovsky is doing for Columbus what Snider said we needed in replacing him. For better or worse, someone's going to get bloodied, and Ed Snider's not going to fire himself.
This, in a nutshell, coupled with the loss of Pronger, is a good summary of why the Flyers had such a ****** shortened season. Seems to me the team was rebuilt to more fit Laviolette's system and, although there may be a brighter future, who wants to gamble on that? I mean, look at it rationally, LA may have another long SC run (although the west will be very tough to come out of), the Leafs made the play-offs for the first time in forever, and Bobrovsky and Columbus came within a hair's breath of making the post season. All ex-Flyers, who either didn't get along with Laviolette (and his dry island) or who Laviolette seemed to have no confidence in, are doing quite well thank you, while the new look Flyers are, well, pretty blah. If Laviolette had much to say in these moves (and I can't believe he didn't), then he's history. Holmgren should be too but my sense is Snider has more loyalty to an old warrior such as Holmgren, so he'll likely stay. There's no loyalty for Laviolette.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote