View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 11:20 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Meltzer View Post
There is a very good chance that at least one among Nurse, RR or Pulock will there when the Flyers pick. But the team will take the BAP anyway, so if a forward they like better falls to them, they will go in that direction. The is not about to change it's drafting philosophy.
Oh, I completely agree. I think Nurse/Ristolainen is a strong if not awesome pick at 11 (Pulock possibly being a bit of a reach), but there is no doubt in my mind that the organization could jump ship on a defenseman if a forward they love falls to them.

I'm not saying it was the wrong move, but Couturier's draft year is a perfect example of that.

I've been saying for weeks now that the Flyers could very easily pick forward, and even if they do, we should not immediately rage like the world is coming to an end.

I could see the board also breaking down in a way where none of Jones, Nurse, or Ristolainen are on the board at 11. At that point, I'd almost rather the Flyers take a forward anyway. There's a lot of depth among forwards in the draft class, and I'm not sold on Pulock, Zadorov, or Hagg.