View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 11:22 AM
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!

vCash: 555
Great season. If we just had a bounce or two go our way, we would be in the playoffs. This was a team that was supposed to be a bottom feeder (And was for the first bit). Thankfully, there was a change in attitude and our players started playing. I guarantee if the season was longer we would have made it. The start killed us unfortunately.

However, with a young core (That should only get better with time), an emerging goalie as well as a few vets, this team will be exciting for the next while for sure. For the very first time I can actually say I just want next year to start so we can make our first real playoff run (08-09 wasn't really a run).

Just some things that I'm looking forward to in the upcoming months:

- 3 first round picks in a very deep draft. May even bundle a couple and move up.

- Young core developing further

- Free agency. With the team doing well, players may actually want to sign. Also, with probably $10-$14 million to play with (Depending on how much people resign for), we could acquire a top scoring forward.

- Everything else. Seriously. I literally can't wait to see this team play again. I've been a fan since the beginning (Literally, bought a jersey when I was little just when they were announced and available) and this is the first time I can say I can't wait to see a full 82 game Columbus Blue Jackets season. Hopefully I can make the 6 hour drive down one night and see my first game next year.

gojacketsgo61 is offline   Reply With Quote