View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead81 View Post
This, in a nutshell, coupled with the loss of Pronger, is a good summary of why the Flyers had such a ****** shortened season. Seems to me the team was rebuilt to more fit Laviolette's system and, although there may be a brighter future, who wants to gamble on that? I mean, look at it rationally, LA may have another long SC run (although the west will be very tough to come out of), the Leafs made the play-offs for the first time in forever, and Bobrovsky and Columbus came within a hair's breath of making the post season. All ex-Flyers, who either didn't get along with Laviolette (and his dry island) or who Laviolette seemed to have no confidence in, are doing quite well thank you, while the new look Flyers are, well, pretty blah. If Laviolette had much to say in these moves (and I can't believe he didn't), then he's history. Holmgren should be too but my sense is Snider has more loyalty to an old warrior such as Holmgren, so he'll likely stay. There's no loyalty for Laviolette.
I don't blame Lavy for this season, but this is why he needs to go. He has ran too many good players out of town and is ruining the development of Couturier.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote