View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Was reading that the Oilers brass is consider trading their first , which is 7th OA
Looking for offers on this pick . Keep in mind we do not want draft picks coming back other wise we might as well keep our pick .

This is a deal best suited to a cap strap team . WE NEED USEFULLY PLAYERS NOW . So if your team is up against the cap lets hear your offers . Also we are not looking for 35 year old players and if the are RFA we must have a contract in place first . 1 year until UFA does not interested us

Oilers needs are , size , grit , D . Other pieces available is Hemsky any of our bottom 6 , prospects , out side of Klefbom . I also think we will be going forward with Gagner , so he is not available unless a 2 C is coming back
Travis Moen comes to mind as the type of player you suggest that Edmonton might be looking for. As in, a veteran who can play an honest game 5 on 5, help out on the PK, and generally stabilize the bottom 6. Also, he's 31 and signed for three more years at 1.85 M. Unfortunately he hasn't really meshed with the new coaching staff.

Of course I am not proposing Moen for the 7th overall. Even if the premise of the deal would be the 7th overall for a lower 1st round pick and a package that adds immediate NHL depth, I'm not sure there's a deal to be made. Emelin or Diaz would have to be bundled up as well, but they're both UFA after next season. Not sure the Habs really have the luxury of being able to trade away NHL defencemen anyway.

Leaving aside the 7th overall, I think Moen might be available, and he might be a good fit for what you suggest the Oilers are looking for.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote