Thread: Proposal: Marc Staal
View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 01:52 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Yeah, sounds pretty reasonable to me. Don't think you need to metaphorically put a gun to his head to ask him. I'm sure he's thought about it. That's not an unreasonable thing for him to be thinking about and it's not an unreasonable thing to ask someone.

You're way far to one end of the spectrum.
Listen, I get that we've all thought, wow, all the Staal brothers could play for Carolina...wouldn't that be something. But at the present time, the Rangers organization is trying to win a championship. Either this year, or next year, or the year after. And Marc Staal is a huge piece of that puzzle. I'm not telling you what Marc plans to do 2+ years from now. But you know what, I bet Marc Staal hasn't made any decisions on what he plans to do that far down the road either. So you can think about it all you want...but that won't change the fact that the Rangers hold him as one of the highest valued pieces in the organization and they will not be pro-actively dealing him away when they are trying to win now. After next season they'll open discussions on an extension. If the team is getting mixed messages from him then they'll evaluate how to proceed as they enter the final year of his contract. But rightfully so they aren't focused on that now. Simply put, Marc Staal will be a Ranger through at least the end of the 2013-2014 season. I'm putting it in writing and I'll bet anyone who believes otherwise.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote