View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
I wouldn't have said this just a few weeks ago, but Detroit strikes me as a playoff threat... maybe not to emerge from the West, but to win an upset or two. The key is that, in the final week, when it was either "step up" or "step back," they stepped up in a big way. Their captain really led by example and they won their final four games of the season. At this point, they're the hottest team in the West, and I don't think that it's close. I think that every other team has lost at least once in the last week; the Wings haven't.

I don't think that they're just happy to be in the playoffs. I think that they're going to give the Ducks a real fight, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they pull off the upset. The best thing going for the Wings is that people don't expect them to make any noise (after many thought that they wouldn't even make it), so they have the ability to surprise any team that takes them lightly. I see some similarities to the Devils last year--ex. winning franchise with a few playoff-proven vets and a solid goaltender, all playing a good team game to try to win one last time--and look at how far the Devils went, so I wouldn't underestimate them.

Last edited by Osprey: 04-28-2013 at 04:22 PM.