View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 03:16 PM
sa cyred
Trying to Chill

vCash: 500
I think the reason people are somewhat upset is that in this draft, while its deep, is extremely top heavy. Most would agree that the difference, at the moment anyway, between players like Barkov, Valeri, Lindholm and Nurse are pretty big compared to Domi, Hovart, Pulock, etc etc. Plus having a high pick gives u a better chance in the 2nd to pick up a guy who might have fallen out of the first. While statistically might show it, one has to take into consideration that there is level difference between the top 10 and 11-20. Now the only thing we have going for us is that players ALWAYS fall and we are in the perfect position to grab a guy who might fall. Like last season Grigorenko and Forsberg were top 5 guys but fell into the teens. That was because defenders were great last draft. We can only hope for the same in one sense or another.

In the end, I think Homer "reaches". People joke about Domi, but I can see him looking at Hagg, Domi, etc etc, guys projected to go late teens early 20s but Homer takes him alittle early.