Thread: Something
View Single Post
Old
12-31-2003, 02:28 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Well let's see, they would have already lost a series against Toronto. New Jersey, Ottawa, and Philadelphia are also "head and shoulders" above the Rangers. If their records aren't evidence enough for you I don't know what else will suffice, but I will say that I can't believe there's anyone left who actually believes the Rangers are competitive with the elite teams of the East. I don't know whether I find that more laudable or laughable.

Have many older Rangers lost trade value? Certainly, yet teams will offer something for them in order to strengthen up for a playoff run. Personally I'm willing to sell cheap but I have every confidence that there are at least two 2nd round picks and several more 3rd-5th rounders out of Lindros, Kovalev, Carter, Mironov, Rucinsky, Nedved, and Malkhov.

Finally on season ticket holders: they paid to see the New York Rangers just as they always have. If they do not like the New York Rangers that are iced, let them show their displeasure by not renewing their tickets. If I'm Rangers management I couldn't care less what they think because:
1. They may gripe but they always come back.
2. If they don't renew there are plenty of names on the waiting list for season tickets.
Sorry, your information is completely outdated. There are NO waiting lists for any sort of package and there haven't been for several years now. You can walk right up to a table at any game and be sitting in "your" seats by the end of the 2nd period. I hear they give you a gift too.