View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 06:06 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'm still baffled as to why Domi is ranked as low as he is. People mention his size, but he's a 5'10, 200 pound player. He's got great hands, he works in heavy traffic areas, he's defensively aware and he plays a physical game. I don't get it.
I think some scouts and journalists might be put off by his pedigree and the uncontrollable nature of his father. While that won't impact his value to actual NHL front offices, it's something to think about.

I also think he's a little smaller than 5'10; at least he looks really small.

There are a lot of guys with real offensive game-breaking talent. Domi is on the second tier of the 1st round game-breaking forwards for a reason.

He's definitely an interesting choice if he could play as a winger, but we already have a number of smallish, talented wingers. And we have a number of bigger wingers in the pool. And we have a metric ****ton of centers. We could really go any direction at this point.

I just think I'd appreciate Domi more in the 14-18 range with his size being a reason to back off a bit.

All that said, it would not shock me in the least if the Flyers pulled him out of their magic hat on draft day. Whether I like the choice or not will depend heavily on the board; a lot of sons and brothers and nephews have been taken in the 1st round based on pedigree and more have failed than shined. I think there's definitely a stigma in that whether there should be one or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I will say this - talking to a few people who I keep in touch with, they say the Flyers have been scouting forwards and there's a guy to keep an eye on - Valentin Zykov. Simon Nolet is a huge fan and he's making a big push for the guy.
That's an interesting name. We do love our QMJHL forwards even if we don't love Russians. I wonder what the odds are off picking him up with the 2nd rounder if we go defense in the 1st.