View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 05:07 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
This is pretty much how I feel and I think some of it has to do with living down here. I have been down here since 2000 and I can't stand their new fans, they were no where to be found earlier this season, I couldn't give away some tickets I had to a Caps/Canes game in March, and I was trying to raise money with them for a charity. Pathetic fan base, there are a few that I used to play hockey with that I know are die hard fans and have been for a long time. Most of the rest of them are just terribly annoying and bandwagoners which explains the reasons for all the comments on their thread and the main page.

I seriously hope we can win this series because there was nothing more satisfying than wearing my NYR sweater, along with my infant daughter wearing hers last year, the day after that game 7 victory. Pissed a lot of people off. Even had a guy at walmart look at me and just say "that isn't right" haha ha.

Either of you locals planning on going to the one of the games down here?

Really want to win this series cause if we lose it won't be fun around here.
On point. Despise their fans, was ecstatic when they were struggling early on.
And I think nothing can beat last years series, it had everything in terms of pissing off the other side. Triple OT at Verizon, tying the game with 6.6 seconds to go..Winning in game 7! Absolutely amazing and awesome, it was really satisfying.
Just went over to the Caps board, they're currently discussing who they want to face in the 2nd round.