View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 07:58 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalsequalvictory View Post
How are the $79 seats? As far as I can tell, those are going to be my $90(13% increase, ouch!) seats next year (if I can get them), and since you're keeping them it probably means you're happy.

In terms of upper bowl vs lower for resale, at least in my opinion, when you look at spending close to $250 for 2 people to see a hockey game, it's a hard sell to the average joe. $150, while still alot of dough, is a nice dinner in NYC for two with drinks, while $250 feels like a much bigger number to people. As long as I can break even though, it's OK, I just don't want to loose money for the right to go to a hockey game...
The $79 gallery seats are imho among the best in the house. And they are going to $82 next season...so still a great value, although it would be nice if the Rangers didn't increase prices every year as if they were required by law to do so.

I totally agree with your upper/lower bowl resale analysis. The cheaper seats are easier to move, and at a higher profit margin. And when you are faced with moving a tough game you don't have nearly the downside if you end up getting stuck. Lower bowl seats are better for people who plan on going to most of the games. Upper bowl seats are more sensible for people who need to move more games.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote