View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 08:19 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozgalov View Post
If they miss out on Nurse, Risto, Zadorov... what are the chances the flyers take Robert Hagg at #11? I remember them talking about how the Flyers asked Reneberg about him and he had great things to say, so I paid attention to him at the WJC and was impressed with his D first mentality.

Obviously the Flyers and every team ask everyone about people and this was just reported, but they clearly had an interest. Can someone do a breakdown of the Dmen in the draft? I will assume that Jones and Nurse are off the board, so go from there. As I stated before, I really like Ristolainen from the little I've seen and the bunch I've read which isn't saying much. I'd just like them to pick a Dman that could possibly play next season (and I know that might be crazy) but I think Risto might be the best chance at playing next year (maybe even above Jones?)

Also if it is a forward who we pick, who are the 3-5 players we might be looking at... I've mostly been reading about Dmen, but I'd like to know who we pick this year so I'm not disapointed when they don't take the obvious. (I trust the Flyers in any first round)
Hagg's currently rated as late 1st rounder. So you could possibly have a chance at getting him with your 2nd rounder.

Some of the reasons scouts like Ristolainen, is because of his readiness and how he's considered a safe player in this draft. I would still say Jones has a better chance than Ristolainen at playing in the NHL next year. At this point I'm 99% sure Jones is playing in the NHL next year.

Some forwards they could be looking at:
-Valeri Nichushkin (if he falls)
-Elias Lindholm (if he falls)
-Sean Monahan (if he falls)
-Hunter Shinkurak
-Valentin Zykov
-Frederik Gauthier
-Alexander Wennberg
-Anthony Mantha
-Max Domi
-Bo Horvat
-Ryan Hartman

These are some guys projected to go around where the Flyers are picking. Most of them are good two-way forwards which the Flyers usually look for in forwards. Obviously someone ranked in the top 10 could fall to them.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-28-2013 at 08:46 PM.