View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 09:24 PM
hockeydoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You don't go out and get a FA unless it's via trade. You might as well start one of the kids (Pirri) with the way Bolland has been playing. I'm saying this if he sucks in the playoffs again. 3 million in cap space is a decent player, may allow Hawks to keep Stalberg or someone else.

I think Bolland is just injured too much. His nagging back issue has always been there.
I've never been a Bolland fan for a number of reasons, some I've mentioned before, some I haven't. I wanted him traded after the cup win, but now it's a matter value. I don't want to trust a rookie or young player in a big game with 17 minutes a game with lots of defensive responsibility. I'm not suggesting Bolland is a good answer, but I think he's the best answer to round out the roster next year.

If a rookie emerges, great, dump Bolland before the deadline and use the cap space to fill the hole from another injury. Otherwise, I think it's cost effective to keep him. He'll be injured, he'll play badly for extended stretches and slump offensively for extended stretches, he is what he is, but he's still worth his contract given the market.

Even good gms get burned in trades almost half the time. I don't think Chicago needs to gamble next year.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote