View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

vCash: 500
Very happy with this match-up. I didn't want to play Ottawa right away. I have a feeling we'll have to play them sooner or later, though. The only thing that can hurt the Pens in this series is the Isles' chemistry vis-a-vis ours. We might have early issues with them as a result, and may even drop Game 1. But I think we should win in 5, maybe 6. Hopefully, the urgency is there from the get-go. The Isles can score and have a lot of skill, including a very mobile and talented blueline. But that should ultimately be their downfall.

Our forwards need to wear their D down. The bull-in-a-china-shop mentality needs to be there every shift. Don't give them any time and space at all. Also, Brandon Sutter's line on the Moulson-Tavares-Boyes line please. At least at home, try to take Tavares out of the equation early. And be physical every chance you get with him.

Oh, and the goaltending. Fleury needs to step up, or at least just be there when we need him. Nabokov has played a TON of hockey down the stretch. Get to him early. He has to be tired. We need to make this a series where the goaltending isn't a factor. Oh, and if Fleury shows even a hint of implosion, we shouldn't hesitate to play our own grizzled vet in goal. But let's give Fleury a chance to prove himself all over again.

This should be a fun series. Classic division match-up and yes we do owe the Isles a beat-down for the past. Hopefully, Crosby will be ready to go.

Let's go Pens!

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote