Thread: Claude Julien
View Single Post
Old
04-28-2013, 10:31 PM
RussellmaniaKW

vCash: 500
Really starting to think the only reason we won the cup was because Cam called out Claude in the middle of that season with this gem:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl...mes&id=5928543
Quote:
"Goals against isn't an issue; goals for is an issue." Neely said. "The power play is an issue. ... I think the name of the game is you still have to score one more goal than [the other team]. It's not about trying to win zero-zero."
the team was noticeably less conservative that year than the prior year when they had the collapse against Philly. Over the last season and a half, though, it has felt like Claude has gradually gone back into his comfort zone and he is coaching this team as conservatively as ever. In 2010/2011 I totally get his reasoning for scratching Seguin because Seguin really didn't have a great rookie year. Dougie has been pretty dynamic for the Bruins, though. Obviously not flawless but I really feel like scratching him down the stretch is playing it too safe. Claude has this team playing for the tie again and it is both infuriating and also incredibly un-fun to watch.