View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 12:17 AM
BumFortyOne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I'm not going to lie, SS.... I might have sneaked a peak at this a bit early. Unreal job with the OP. Great stuff.

Be careful what you wish for here boys... They have a great PP against our PK. They also have a young stud who wants to prove himself.

This isn't going to be easy. Pens better be ****ing ready. Shero gave us what we needed. This is fully on the players and DB.
Pens PP: 24.7%
Pens PK: 79.6%

Isles PP: 19.9%
Isles PK: 80.3%

Pretty negligible difference in PK with a significant difference in PP percentage. I know this doesn't mean anything come playoffs, but the special teams battle should be won by the Pens assuming penalties to both teams are about even.

Honestly, there isn't a single area where I would give the Islanders an advantage on the Pens. Maybe team speed. Pens have more skill, more grit, better defense, more experience from key players, goaltending is a wash at worst.

This series should be over in 5. And I don't think that's being cocky, it's just saying this is a loaded number 1 seed against an inexperienced number 8 seed whose season was a success just by making the playoffs.

BumFortyOne is offline   Reply With Quote