Old
04-29-2013, 12:41 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
Berenson led his club in scoring twice and 6 times in the top 3. He put up points against 06 Clubs too, here's what I found using HSP.
1968: 16 GP, 5G, 9A, 14 PTS
1969: 36 GP, 14 G, 13 A, 27 PTS
1970: 36 GP, 13 G, 11 A, 24 PTS

You can argue his Hart is inflated by the division split, but he was still a bigger star in those seasons than anyone outside of Ratelle on our third lines.
Very interesting, and seems to contradict what I believed. What is this website, I've never heard of it and didn't know that these numbers were available. I'd like to utilize it myself because it provides important context to numbers.

Quote:
But what makes it better than Walter's? I agree he is, but if we're sticking to your methodology that you can only count what he did at the position, then Richards has no offense outside of 5 points in the Olympics, less than Berenson and Walter.
There is a slight difference, Richards hasn't really been used extensively at LW besides spot duty in LA, and the Olympics. Berenson played a decent amount at LW, and didn't do much with it. Looking at when that quote was from, I looked up Richards' numbers from those two games that are mentioned, he had 1 assist in the two games. Not much of a sample size to draw from, so I dug back into the LA Kings board and looked at their GDTs to see where they had Richards as a LW. He played LW for two more games after that, and didn't have any points. At the same time, the Kings only managed 6 goals over those 4 games, so the offense wasn't exactly clicking at the time. Then in the Olympics, he managed 5 points over 7 games on what was considered maybe Canada's most effective line. Perhaps even more importantly is the fact that that line held Ovechkin-Malkin-Semin to just one assist between the three of them in a 7-3 Canada win, showing Richards' defense can be very effective at LW.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote