View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 12:27 AM
BJG

vCash: 500
Couple of interesting stats/trends: while Anderson's numbers are crazy, since he came back from injury they are not quite as stratospheric. His GAA is still an impressive 2.00 and his save % is 91.7, considerably better than CP's but they aren't as scary as his overall numbers are concerned. Also he was 4-5 since he came back.

The other thing I checked was shots for and against for the Sens. During the first 33 games they were outshot 19 times, outshot their opponents 13 times and had an equal number of shots in one game. They had 40+ shots 3 times. In the last 15 games, however, they were 12-2-1 in this category with 5 games of 40+ shots. This obviously doesn't take Karlsson into account very much.

I didn't do the same breakdown for the Habs, though I know we regularly outshot opponents before our slide, and perhaps even during it.

If these trends are at all indicative of something real (I know, small sample size...) then it's pretty simple. If we continue to outshoot and Price picks back his game, while Anderson stays at his good but not insane current pace, we should be fine. If the Sens recent shooting bonanza continues (I don't think it will as we are built to keep shots down), then CP will have to elevate his game not simply to Anderson's level but above it, which might be a tough task.

BJG is offline   Reply With Quote