View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 04:10 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

vCash: 500
McQuaid- I don't think deserves to play

I know he has folk hero status from beating a few middleweights in a few fights, and won a Cup skating on the third pairing w/Kaberle. However I haven't seen anything impressive from him since the 2011 season. Obviously he's been injured but a player of his age usually takes big steps in his game during those 2 years and he really hasn't at all. There have been no signs that he can handle a bigger role than third pairing D.

I actually like Johnson over him to be honest. I wish this post wasn't the slam post it obviously is but I believe REdden and Hamilton both deserve to play in the playoffs over McQuaid and to not do so would be stupid. Redden and Hamilton are both defensively responsible enough for the third pair (which is the only place McQuaid will play b/c he's not that good.) Don't be stupid Claude put McQuaid in the press box and give us some offense on the blue line.

Especially because CHara and Seidenberg look like different players than they were 2 years ago and while both are still great defensively the offensive side of each of their games has quickly become non existent and flat out poor.