Old
04-29-2013, 03:28 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
first world problems (of third world hockey cities).

has anyone been to the bell centre? hightops outside? flat screens facing both ways?

that place is cramped (it's always a full house and the concourses are small), the scoreboard is meh. the concession lines are long. the hockey experience? insane. if you're a hockey fan, you will have the time of your life. it's all about HOCKEY.

and yes, i'm fully aware the audience is different. nonetheless, the game should be the focus. it can sell itself. whether it can outsell the myriad advertisers and shills it has to compete with in our arena is another question and one i'm afraid we might not like the answer to.
I agree, but you have to admit that the scoreboard needs to be changed. Hockey is the focus when you go there, and that goes for in play and replays. Everyone wants to see those replays of the big hit, the bad penalty, that incredible deke and goal by Huberdeau, but its so hard to see on that scoreboard, and sometimes non-existent (but that isnt due to the scoreboard). We have a beautiful arena, but that scoreboard sticks out like a sore thumb.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote