View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 03:30 AM
TimeForAnOilChange
Can We Fold The Team

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
I'm sorry but if Gretzky can be traded anyone can be. Why would he come out and say none of our top players will be traded? What if there was a chance to land a stud #1 defenceman, wouldn't you trade one of the kids? When has any manager for a NHL team came out and gave a straight yes or no answer?
Not sure why this argument keeps coming up time after time, but i'll play along....would you say we won that trade?

Just because he got traded doesn't mean it was the right thing to do (how many Oiler fans that are old enough to remember that trade, and i'm one of them, would want a do-over with that trade)? I'll go out on a limb and say every one of them.

We haven't had any elite talent since those days (and when we did...Weight era, we couldn't afford to keep them), we have it now and we got it the worst (and only) way we could, now people are ok with sending them packing? Wow, ok then, my only advice is to be careful what you wish for, you may just get it (and then it will be the same people saying how much they regret it a couple years later).

And we "landed" a stud #1 dman a few years ago, how did that turn out? No guarantee that he will want to stay here long term, that's the risk you take when you trade for someone that is coming to Edmonton nowadays.

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote