Old
04-29-2013, 08:19 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Where are "the longtime expert posters with a pedigree" around here now that were so against bringing in Zuccarello this year? And all their old and "Don Cherry like" reasons why thiswas not a move to make. Do not hear their pathetic barking voices any more. Actually - good riddance - their views were very much in sync with an Anti Constructive Hockey kind of attitude that sometimes rings like a mantra!
Happy to see myself and many other posters were on the money here! I definitely think that without Zuccarello - we would be playing golf and enamoring for the firing of Torts (and Sather) right now. The Hobbit saved them - for now. I would like to see Torts gone - but rather see them playing well into June
Well, I was of the belief that bringing Zucca back was unnecessary and probably wouldn't help us. Certainly not for any "Don Cherry reasons," and to be honest I don't recall anyone saying anything particularly offensive. If they had, it would have been deleted. My favorite Ranger is a Swede and my favorite non-Ranger is a Finn! So it's nothing anti-European.

The Zuccarello I remember from before didn't play with quite the same level of intensity as this iteration. Right now, he's all over the ice, but also playing under control. His vision and creativity are a welcome addition to the offense, and he's making things happen on most shifts. I see a consistency from him now that I didn't see before.

Hey, I'm really happy that you and the others were correct as well. I always want what's best for the team, and Zucca has been a big help. I don't know if I'd go as far as saying that without him we'd be golfing--we also received big contributions from Brassard and Moore, and occasionally something from Clowe. The additions of those three plus Zuccarello really provided some needed balance and oomph to our lineup.

It's just pain.