View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 08:29 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakovits View Post
the question is how high do you want to set the financial and other conditions? what is the ambition and what is realistic?

i would set them quite low but contract the league on the basis of on-ice performance and leave it open to entry through promotion and relegation based on sporting success. but i guess the russians want to copy the north-american model without considering the differences in sports landscape in north-america and europe.
That is not true. Yes, they copy what works in NA, but they are aware of euro/russian enviroment. Look, do you know how sport works in Russia? I dont have time to educate you, try to google.

KHL has conditions - sporting, financial, infrastructure etc. Lets say worst KHL club relegates. What do you do with its players? Who will replace this relegated club? Winner of VHL which has 2-4 players of KHL caliber? Worst KHL russian club has budget of cca 16-20 mil. euro. How many VHL teams have such budget? None IMO. Rubin can be close. Arenas/airports/hotels etc. Does VHL cities have them in KHL level?

KHL is not dveloping league like ALL european leagues inluding Elitserien/SM-Liiga. Like it or not. KHL can not work like these leagues.

Btw, there is ONE, again ONE, club from VHL which has KHL ambitions - Rubin Tyumen. Do you know why they are not in KHL? Because of arena. When they enter KHL, they will be like Vladivostok, money are there. I dont count Lada, it is never ending story.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote