View Single Post
Old
04-29-2013, 07:56 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
I'll make 1 comment on the increased security last night.

I arrived at 5:45 pm. The line on west side of arena was backed up to and wrapped north on Front street. Assumed they opened gates at 6 pm. I entered the Arena at 6:35 pm.

If the Arena believes they enhanced security last night, they are fools. Any copycat with a pressure cooker inside a duffelbag or backpack could have killed dozens and injured 100's outside the arena last night as we waited in ridiculously long lines. A suicide bomber with explosives strapped to their chest could have detonated an explosion outside the arena as thousands waited to enter Nationwide.

It's utterly ridiculous to think security was increased last night in the wake of the Boston bombings. The notification to arrive to the Arena early only created a greater risk by causing a huge, exposed, and unprotected crowd to gather outside.
That's funny, because that is what we were all talking about while we waited in the massive crowd to get in. That would have been a suicide bombers dream. All those people massed into one spot. Hell, he didn't even have to worry about trying to enter the building.

We got a table on the patio at the 3LM at about 3:15. Even then there were security personnel walking up and down the pedestrian walkway checking the trash cans. Fire Dept. bomb sniffing dog showed up around 4:30 or so.

All that proved on Saturday is that there is no way that those nut jobs will be stopped. The terrorists will just adapt and adjust their tactics.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 04-29-2013 at 08:02 AM. Reason: too close to political